We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper with payroll experience to perform a variety of tasks. Duties will include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s financials. Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Maintain a filing system (hard copy and digital)
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Maintain contact lists
• Book travel arrangements
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Provide general support to visitors and new hirers
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Performs Daily Account Maintenance
• Executes month end close jobs in AR/AP
• Closes AR/AP accounting period
• Runs AR/AP month end aging reports
• Reconciles AR/AP bank statements
• Cash Management daily and assist in resolving un- reconciled receipts
• Prepares quarterly AR/AP reports for Financial Reporting
• Reconciles assigned bank and AR/AP accounts
• Books manual journal entries as needed
• Coordinates resolution of un-reconciled issues
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant/ bookkeeper/payroll clerk
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• High School degree
Position will start asap.
Please respond by emailing your resume to ****@*****.***
Temporary - Full Time
Contact this Employer »