Seeking Job: Bilingual Assistant/ Legal/ Accounting Clerk
Position Desired: Bilingual Assistant/ Legal/ Accounting Clerk
16022 Harbour Light Drive, Houston TX 77044
678- 916-0389 ( Home)
281-723-5943 (Cell )
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am very excited to apply for this position after reading your posting on Craiglist. I had the privilege in recent years with my previous employer to gain experience in this same field and I hope to once again be given the opportunity to further my experience.
As I believe my attached resume shows I am a good candidate for this position. I have more than 2 years of experience with a major law firm in Canada. I am able to handle a high volume of diversified office responsibilities with a minimum of supervision. I believe I can contribute significantly to your company through my efficient dedication, and service oriented approach.
I have always enjoyed excellent working relationships at work, working under pressure and always willing to learn and take new challenges in my job.
Thank you for your time and consideration
EDUCATION/ CAPABILITIES / ACHIEVEMENTS
• Completed 3 years at San Martin University in Lima, Peru with a major in accounting.
• Completed 2 years Technical College certificate program for accounting assistant
• Completed 2 years of English Language studies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook
• Proficient in Elite and Metaworks Eworks software
Work History / Experience:
Jan 2008 - Feb 2010 Fraser Milner Casgrain Law Firm – Edmonton AB, Canada
• Worked as an accounting clerk responsible for Bank Reconciliations, Billings and general clerical work
• Worked as a conflict clerk responsible for opening all new client files, matters, conflict checks, identification and verification of clients using both Elite Enterprise and e-works – Metastorm for the Edmonton office, and provided assistance to the other offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal.
Aug 2007 - Jan 2008 HomeSense - Edmonton, AB Canada
• Worked as sales associate and cashier for a retailer
Jan 2006 – Mar 2006 Unisys Peru, Lima Peru - (Internship)
• Worked as assistant to head accountant
• Responsible for scheduling meetings, handled billing , record-keeping , and general clerical work
Dec 2005 – Mar 2005 Banco de Credito del Peru, Lima Peru - (Internship)
• Worked as a bank teller
• Worked in customer service offering credit cards
I am self-motivated, reliable, honest, responsible, thorough, and capable of working in groups or with no supervision. I can take on new challenges and work in different areas as my employer may require. I am bilingual in English and Spanish.
Desired Compensation / Salary:
to be discussed